Nightlife Blogging: That's Hot!
Who knew that blogging about nightlife and entertainment would become to our culture what polyester was to the '70's? Without it, we would be living in a melancholy world.
So Friday night turned out to be a huge success. We opted out of the events of BlogNashville, which was reviewed by several different media outlets locally and nationally, including The Tennessean, WKRN, and NYC's Gawker's. However, following the Paris and Nikki philosophy of never missing a party, we decided to check out the exclusive shindig at Wolfy's Den.
The place was bustling with bloggers of all types when we arrived. I would have never expected that this many people, first of all, were in the blogosphere, and secondly, that people we've never met were actually reading She Said What?!? Honestly, we were quite flattered - thank you for reading! For more reviews on the par-tay, check out what Karmadgeon, Pink Kitty, Nashville Files, Nashville Is Talking, and Thursday Night Fever had to say.
One thing I noticed was that Julie and I were some of the younger ones at this event. There were a few of our age demographic, but it was mostly established professors, writers, journalists, and media. I got to thinking, though, that if two of the nightlife blogs in Nashville (and a few that I know of in Memphis) are going over so well, and if there are so many young people getting involved in this whole blogging madness, than why not capitalize?
Start a revolution. Take a walk on the wild side. Lighten up. Let's make the news without getting all political. It's all about writing on the nightlife, the music, the fashion, the mischief. Inquiring minds want to know.
Because that's what's hot.
So Friday night turned out to be a huge success. We opted out of the events of BlogNashville, which was reviewed by several different media outlets locally and nationally, including The Tennessean, WKRN, and NYC's Gawker's. However, following the Paris and Nikki philosophy of never missing a party, we decided to check out the exclusive shindig at Wolfy's Den.
The place was bustling with bloggers of all types when we arrived. I would have never expected that this many people, first of all, were in the blogosphere, and secondly, that people we've never met were actually reading She Said What?!? Honestly, we were quite flattered - thank you for reading! For more reviews on the par-tay, check out what Karmadgeon, Pink Kitty, Nashville Files, Nashville Is Talking, and Thursday Night Fever had to say.
One thing I noticed was that Julie and I were some of the younger ones at this event. There were a few of our age demographic, but it was mostly established professors, writers, journalists, and media. I got to thinking, though, that if two of the nightlife blogs in Nashville (and a few that I know of in Memphis) are going over so well, and if there are so many young people getting involved in this whole blogging madness, than why not capitalize?
Start a revolution. Take a walk on the wild side. Lighten up. Let's make the news without getting all political. It's all about writing on the nightlife, the music, the fashion, the mischief. Inquiring minds want to know.
Because that's what's hot.
5 Comments:
At May 09, 2005 8:01 PM,
Mr. Roboto said…
Wow. Does this mean I'm trendy or a trendsetter?
Don't answer that.
At May 10, 2005 8:32 AM,
Anonymous said…
Maybe to some. But considering that I didn't even know what a blog was when I started mine (I only knew one blogger, that Memphian), you did not set any trends for me.
But maybe moving forward we can both claim the trend-setting title, since we both had the ideas on our own.
You asked, I answered. Doh!
At May 10, 2005 8:34 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hey, I may be old, but I'm not a professor, writer, a journalist or the media!
At May 10, 2005 9:20 AM,
Anonymous said…
But you are the only hipster Busy Mom I know...and it was awesome to finally meet you!!
At May 10, 2005 9:28 AM,
Anonymous said…
Besides my own mom, I mean. She's the coolest. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home