Riddle Me This
Okay. So it's time for a fun music game that all five of you who read this thing can play. So I expect full participation.
Name a song whose lyrics completely define you as a whole, your life and what it is, was or will be. One that conveys the essence of you.
Don't just throw Used to Love Her in because you had a fight with your girlfriend. Or Good Day Sunshine because Katrina is gone. There's one out there for everyone. So rack your brains and come up with a good one.
No prizes for the winner, although my answer to this question will let out my big news, which will be revealed this weekend. I know, most of you know already, but still. Humor me.
Name a song whose lyrics completely define you as a whole, your life and what it is, was or will be. One that conveys the essence of you.
Don't just throw Used to Love Her in because you had a fight with your girlfriend. Or Good Day Sunshine because Katrina is gone. There's one out there for everyone. So rack your brains and come up with a good one.
No prizes for the winner, although my answer to this question will let out my big news, which will be revealed this weekend. I know, most of you know already, but still. Humor me.
20 Comments:
At August 31, 2005 12:28 PM,
John H said…
On my good days: "I ain't ever Satisfied'...these are the days when the possiblities seem infinite and horizons endless.
On my bad, passive, lethargic days: Smells like Teen Spirit...'here we are now, entertain us'.
At August 31, 2005 1:32 PM,
Jamie said…
Tough request, especially when the answer would change day to day. Spur of the moment with my current mood about people with all the drama and a limited library to reference, I would say Tried To Be True by the Indigo Girls.
I'll think of a ton more as soon as you move on to the next post.
At August 31, 2005 1:59 PM,
Anonymous said…
Unrelated Topic. You girls were/are big Black Keys fans (as am I). They are playing some downtown concert series in Chattanooga Friday. Do y'all know anything about this series or whether it would be worth the trip?
At August 31, 2005 2:32 PM,
Stella said…
Totally unrelated. Yes, it's the Nightfall Concert Series>. I haven't been to check it out, but that night it looks like just the Keys are playing. Would be totally worth it. Can I ride with? (kidding)
At August 31, 2005 2:53 PM,
Rex L. Camino said…
(returning to topic)
I always have "Where is My Mind" by the Pixies stuck in my head. Then again, I also have the theme song to "The Love Boat" up there on a regular basis as well. But since this seems to be more about lyrics I guess I'll go with the Pixies.
At August 31, 2005 6:08 PM,
Anonymous said…
"God's Anthem (Raghu Pati)" - SWAHA
"Raghu pati raghava raja Raam | Ratita parvana Seeta Raam | Ishwara Allah taray naam | Sabako sanmati tay Bhagavan | The paths are many, but the truth is one - Love thy neighbor as thyself. The names are many, but God is one - Love they neighbor as thyself."
(Sample it on iTunes...)
At August 31, 2005 11:05 PM,
Kat Coble said…
Two of them:
Watching The Wheels--John Lennon
The French Inhaler--Warren Zevon
At September 01, 2005 6:28 AM,
Michael Hickerson said…
Hmm..this is quite the interesting topic of conversation, I must say.
I am almost tempted to say Billy Joel's "You May Be Right..."
"You may be right..I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for!"
Or more likely...Weird Als' You Don't Love Me Anymore...
"You used to say I was nice, now you tell all your friends that I'm the anti-Christ..."
At September 01, 2005 7:02 AM,
Anonymous said…
" I love LA".
That songs says it all about where I am in life right now.
At September 01, 2005 7:11 AM,
Wally Bangs said…
This is an extremely tough question and the answer could change from day to day, but for the sake of playing along - an old Nashville song: "Don't Care" by The White Animals. You've got to love lines like "dress cool, blow some minds, ha I'm the restless kind....don't care what the people say,don't care if I dance my life away...I don't want to fight, you put me down well that's allright" and many more great lines set to propulsive guitars and a rock solid beat. Lines like that were the stuff of life changing moments when I was high school age.
At September 01, 2005 7:27 AM,
Stella said…
You guys are coming up with some good ones! But I must say...Watching The Wheels...that's in my top three.
Curious as to who this Bernard is.
At September 01, 2005 9:31 AM,
Anonymous said…
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Freebird.
Always has been and always will be.
PS--Love your new look! I thought something was different because I stopped over yesterday but the graphic header didn't load. I see it now and absolutely love it.
At September 01, 2005 9:54 AM,
Anonymous said…
Cool new look to the site.
Today it is "Splendid Isolation" by Warren Zevon. Thanks to Kath. Coble for ripping off "French Inhaler".
Most other days it is "Cruel To Be Kind" by Nick Lowe.
At September 01, 2005 12:40 PM,
Jamie said…
Micheal, you just got major cool points for 'You Don't Love Me Anymore'.
At September 01, 2005 1:31 PM,
Anonymous said…
I like this game, but I have too many songs to list here so I will start with my top three.
Number one must be "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins. For those of you who don't know this, just watch Top Gun.
Number two is "Rock the Boat" by Wally Holmes. Here is a sample so you can keep this cathcy tune in your head for the rest of the day.
So I'd like to know where you got the notion
Said I'd like to know where you got the notion
To rock the boat
Don't rock the boat baby
Rock the boat
Don't tip the boat over
Rock the boat
Don't rock the boat baby
Rock the boat.
Number three is "Trouble No More" by the Allman Brothers Band.
It simply sums up any relationship that I have ever or will be in.
P.S. Before I get criticism for the Kenny Loggins pick, just scroll up and notice that the Indigo Girls made the list.
At September 01, 2005 2:05 PM,
Jamie said…
Whoa hoss! Don't go ditchin my Girls. Besides, neither I nor the proprieter of this here blog will say a single word about Kenny Loggins.
Can you say Caddyshack?
At September 02, 2005 11:51 AM,
newton dominey said…
for once i can answer very briefly:
i'm only sleeping. beatles. revolver.
(not that i had to tell you who wrote it)
At September 03, 2005 11:50 AM,
Stella said…
Ahhhh. John Lennon. My man.
So my song is Going To California, by the one and only Led Zeppelin. Reverse woman part to man, obviously.
Spent my days with a woman unkind,
Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine.
Made up my mind to make a new start,
Going to California with an aching in my heart.
Someone told me there’s a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair.
Took my chances on a big jet plane,
Never let them tell you that they’re all the same.
The sea was red and the sky was grey,
Wondered how tomorrow could ever follow today.
The mountains and the canyons started to tremble and shake
As the children of the sun began to awake.
Seems that the wrath of the gods
Got a punch on the nose and it started to flow;
I think I might be sinking.
Throw me a line if I reach it in time
I’ll meet you up there where the path
Runs straight and high.
To find a queen without a king;
They say she plays guitar and cries and sings.
La la la la
Ride a white mare in the footsteps of dawn
Tryin’ to find a woman who’s never, never, never been born.
Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams,
Telling myself it’s not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.
She Said She Said is a close second. The Beatles. Revolver. Hence, the blog name.
At November 01, 2005 11:56 AM,
Roberto Iza Valdés said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
At December 25, 2005 1:53 PM,
Roberto Iza Valdés said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home